Monday, June 08, 2009

Bad Luck

Philly was yesterday and the team raced awesome. Philly is a super hard race and super long (156 miles or something like that). I was feeling good but with 5 miles to go we were flying and I got a flat tire. I got a wheel change but being a gigantic wuss, I couldn't catch back on to a peleton that was going 30+ mph. OH well that is racing for you.

I realized the other day I never give my coach enough props. Andy Applegate has been coaching me for 3 years now and ever since I started working with him, I got fast. He is the best coach ever and works for Asheville Velosports.
Andy has been so influential in my training, racing, and mental attitude and I owe him so much and couldn't be where I am in cycling without him.
We did a podcast via the phone last week for his website. It was a ton of fun so check it out here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you suck at tennis