Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I got assaulted today

with a hotdog and then a 32oz Dr. Pepper.
I was riding home from work today and someone threw a hotdog at me and followed it up the finger and a nasty grin. I brushed it off as no big deal as my emo music was making me feel calm and sensitive. 3 miles later however some other carful of kids threw a FULL 32oz Dr. Pepper at me and it hit me on the shoulder, they didn't have their timing right as they had to stop at a light right away; I was enraged this time and ripped out my frame pump and held it above my head as I was screaming at them, unfortunately for me I forgot I was riding a fixed gear and as I was holding that pump so high I forgot to pedal and was bucked off my bike only to chest plant the handlebars and fall over sideways as everyone was looking. I am okay and it was a spectacle to say the least.

So I would like to thank all the faithful commentors on my blog as I was thoroughly entertained by them.

I have been up to a number of things.
Here are a couple of things that have happened since I last posted.

I survived Mexico, barely. That was the fastest and hardest race I have ever done and I am glad that I did it.

I went to Vegas where the Toshiba Santo team protected Yosvany's lead in the USA CRIT series and helped him win the Overall. We also managed to win the Team Overall and I won the Laps Led Comp. It was a succesful series for us. Vegas also marked the official end of my season and the first season that wasn't ended by an injury.

I signed a contract for next year with the team formerly known as Time Pro Cycling and will now be known as Premier Sports Partnership. I am really excited to race for this team and with these guys.

After vegas Aliza and I got tattoos, a new couch and a labradoodle all in 3 days. Our dog is awesome and his name is Burger.


Our cat, Bugs, destroyed Burgers eye the first night we had him so he had to wear this collar for a week.

My sister and family came to visit for the weekend. We had an awesome time and it was so much fun having people come visit.


I went for a hike with Aliza and this guy which was supposed to be an hour and a half but ended up being 5. I did realize that my skin is lighter than white.


Other than that I have been doing a little bit of cross, working full time at Paceline and finding what kinds of foods taste good with Ranch dressing...oh yeah and eating these:

21 comments:

Kricket said...

thanks, we are laughing really hard over here...! poor marky, poor burger.

Angeline said...

your poor dog! is his eye ok! yosvany misses u! lol

your cousin renee said...

Hey look! Two Hoekstras in one day...how lucky are you?

Can you pleeeeeeeze post a pic of Aliza? I still have no idea what she looks like. My mum says you're going to send me a magnet and that I should be patient, but I'm not.

p.s. burger is v. cute.

Rowbear said...

man I wish there were clips of you and the frame pump debacle on youtube somewhere

Danielle said...

Burger is ridiculously cute!

Anonymous said...

you got more comment about your dog than getting flogged with a hotdog. I like Burgers better anyway

Anonymous said...

Looks like some of your fans were pissed off for not keeping up with your blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

You and your hotdogs! Always with the hotdogs.

Anonymous said...

once again i have been forced to contemplate my own demise because of this blog

B said...

hey mark. brent here. I have some pics from Dobson CX if you want them. What's your email?

Katie Schwab said...

Looking for Brad Flikkema and your website came up because you were wishing him a happy b-day last year. Let me know...katievardaschwab@gmail.com. Thanks!

Scott said...

Update your blog, you fracking hippie scumbag!

Scott said...

ONE

MONTH

AND

COUNTING.

UPDATE

YOUR

BLOG!

Scott said...

It's December. Update your blog, fool!

Anonymous said...

I'm calling his mon and tell'en on him!!! GO-Bucks

Anonymous said...

I got assaulted today...
by this blog

Scott said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!

Anonymous said...

scott wants you to update your blog and he says you throw a football like a 2 year old girl

Anonymous said...

Geez...its almost january and this blog has not been updated. A simp|e "dude, I sold a bike today" or a "dude, I put an offer down on a house" would suffice. Perhaps I should alter my endeavors and dreams as a cyclist as it seems you have failed to keep on track with the minor responsibilities you have to the world ((this blog places in the top 10 (if you had 10)). I have felt compelled for quite some time now to look into following another professional cyclist who is accomplishing the goals I set at the age of 10. Due to my paralysis, my ability to use my computeral device is limited to twice a month. The nurse who helps me with the device is only here during those few but treasured times. For this reason I am giving you two weeks to update your blog. If you fail to meet these demands, I will be forced to follow the actions of Mr. Dominiquez of the Toyota United Team. I do this not out of spite to you but because it is one of the very few things that gives me a since of joy in my life as I am not able to live mine the way I intended at the age of 10.

Good day to you Mr. Hekman

Anonymous said...

aren't you on vacation?.... wait...you're always on vacation.... and you can't find the time to update this crap blog

Rowbear said...

that puppy is going to be a full grown dog before you update this blog.