Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Yes I got spanked in Arkansas

So I was really excited to do the Joe Martin Stage Race in AR last week--especially coming off a week of super fast crit racing, but unfortunately I got sick--real sick--and yes I did race which was stupid. I am finally starting to feel better, so hopefully Tripeaks this weekend will go better than last weekend. Oh yeah, even if I wasn't sick my chain still would have broken on the second stage and I still would have had to ride Sean's (teamate) 53cm bike 50 miles solo to the finish. That was not fun, but I wish someone had a picture of it because it must have looked hilarious. Anyway we will do better this next week. Hopefully Ryan Gamm won't break another fork and 2 more wheels which he managed to do on the first stage--he also had to borrow a bike and ride solo all the way to the finish. Hopefully Andy won't break his cleat on the last stage and have to pull out and not get a finishing time and therefore having to dnf the whole week. AHH the joy of stage racing.
I am in Lousiana right now which is very enjoyable. I am going out to get some VOODOO BARBECUE tonite...yum.
I leave on thursday to go back to AR for another stage race, this one will go better I hope.
Congrats to Danielle Musto and Mark Hendershot for winning their 12 hour races this past weekend. Maybe soon Mark will learn how to spell my last name properly because I have only known him for ten years now.

2 comments:

Scott said...

How do you and your team mates break so much shit, anyway?

Anonymous said...

dude, just checking in on you.

you're still a stud to us.

Ting