Monday, July 07, 2008

Tired

So Iron Hill came and went and it feels like a dream. Maybe it was the 7 super high gravity beers from Iron Hill right after the race and then getting in the car and driving (actually riding until I sobered up) straight to MI. We (uh and I) did sleep in a rest area for a while until someone parked RIGHT next to us, literally. There was a totally empty parking lot and they had to park right next to us, so we left then. We got here yesterday afternoon, just in time for back to back family reunions. We were tired but it feels good to be back up here hanging out with Yankees.

The race was sweet. The course there is my dream course. Super tight corners and half of the course was up hill. You could make up so much time in the corners and that is what I did. I followed people bridgeing up to a move that frank was in and everyone stopped pedaling and I just took off. Since I was alone, at first I was just going to hang out and soak up as many primes as I could. Each lap i would hammer the hill, recover on the downhill and take the corners as fast as I could. Thankfully I had 3 other teamates in the field slowing things down, so I managed to take a lap with 20 to go and stayed upright for the win.
Everyone was a stud today, Frank took off with 15 to go and stayed clear for 3rd and Parra took 6th and Yosvany took 9th. All four of us got in the top ten.

My life is so glamorous, since we were leaving after the race we didn't have a place to hang beforehand. I forgot to shave and had to do it in the parking lot of a Gas Staion.

Brian, who hosted us before Harlem was helping out and enjoyed some beers with us. Here he is now with Yosvany who is now leading the series..

I love races that are sponsored by beer...



Important Note: Frank wore a skinsuit, and a long sleeved one at that...Just had to go on record and say that.

Here is the Velonews article...

6 comments:

Rich said...

I guess you showed those guys how stupid they were to relegate you last year!

rock on!!

mattanddasia said...

Congrats on a great race.

All the best...

matt

milo said...

aliza made it on cyclingnews

milo said...

we saw the snake at the farm yesterday

Bernie said...

great win markie! Was in MI last week . . . I miss ya.

Tim Jackson- Masi Guy said...

Congrats! It was a great win. Miss having you on my bikes, you big lug.