Tuesday, August 05, 2008

catching up

Wow, it has been a while since I posted. I am not quite sure what I have been doing but I feel like I have been really really busy.
After Venezuela I was home for 2 days before departing for Las Vegas. I went to Vegas with UH for her brother, Taylor's, wedding. It was SO much fun there and I enjoyed getting to know her extended family and got some quality clubbing and pool time in as well. I left my bicycle at home, which felt good. I did get some good exercise in by dancing like a white boy from MI and we also went for a hike in red rock canyon.
I was in Vegas for 4 days and was home for only 18 hours before I was racing again. Last week was a week of criterium racing down here called the Crossroads Classic. I raced 5 crits in 6 days and it was a riot. It was a good week and I felt incredibly fresh all week. Must have been all the Red Bull and Vodkas in Vegas. Anyway in 5 races I went 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, and 8th. In that order!!! It was a steady downward progression!! HA! In my defense the races got a touch harder as the week went on.
Now I am in Winston-Salem hanging out with my two cuban teammates. We leave on thursday for Rochester NY for a 3 day race there this weekend. From Rochester we are going to Grand Rapids to hang out until Downers Grove, and then going back to MI until we drive back to NY the following weekend. So Mom and Dad if you are reading this can you put up my whole team for 2 weeks? HA!!! (they know already stop your "tsk tsk" ing).
Here is something I discovered. Life Lesson #1:
If you wait long enough to do something, someone else will do it for you. Case in point. I LOVE coffee and so does my good friend Jim B. I don't have a coffee grinder and Jim comes to visit a lot, he finally got so fed up with me not having one that he got me one just for when he comes to visit. Thanks Jim.

Procrastination Works!!!

Life Lesson #2 Here is what Optygen is good for:


Now that I found out I can still type, maybe I will post more frequently...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw you race in Charlotte this past weekend. You have come a long way since I saw you racing for Savage Hill in central Ohio several years ago. Good job!

Anonymous said...

I am sure all the people my MOM (hi mom) fowarded your blog to will appreciate the shout outs...
xoxo
UH

Anonymous said...

That optygen photo is worthy of being the bike shop screen saver. Thanks!