Saturday, April 25, 2009

Older and wiser

So I turned 31 last week and you would think that my wisdom with regards to bicycle racing would be that much greater. Apparently not. We traveled to the Tour of Battenkill last weekend which was a 13 hour car drive one way. The morning of the race I thought (in my infinite wisdom) that I should adjust my cleats. So with two hours til the race start I managed to strip the threads out of my shoes. Sweet. With no other option I did what every other hack bike mechanic would do and I welded my cleat on. It lasted 20 minutes until it fell completly off and my trip was over. Double sweet. I was really proud of myself and luckily had a 13 hour drive to think about it.
We are enroute to Athens for Speedweek. I'm excited for this trip. We have a ton of fast guys on Team Mtn Khakis so it should be a fun fast week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see you are flying still!
This one made me laugh.
double sweet, weld it on, no worries.
Nick from Michigan (retired from racing in 2004)