Friday, April 13, 2007

FLORIDA HERE WE COME

So the season is already here already. Tommorow night is the first NRC criterium on our schedule for the year, and after that it is balls to the wall for while here. I can't believe it is already the middle of april. Time goes by so fast its crazy. I am more excited to race this year than I can remember. I don't know if it was the long layoff, or the feeling that I actually might have trained properly for the last four months; either way I am excited to race.
This weekend is going to be fun $RICH$ harper and myself are driving down to jacksonville together and stopping in at the rock hill street sprints on the way. $RICH$ is hoping to choke again this year and get second after a stellar leadout. Saturday night is the big race under lights in downtown jacksonville. Sunday morning we do a 100 mile road race in fl as well, and then drive home.
Should be fun, the team always seems to make things fun regargless of the situation.

2 comments:

monkey-nine said...

You provided some exciting racing in Jax on Saturday night. When you went to bridge the gap, my buddy and I were cheering you on every time you passed the Omni. When you caught the lead/end group you had two die hard fans. Good race!

Now did those first laps feel as ridiculously fast in the rain as they looked? Because it was almost terrifying and sadistic just to watch. Especially the way turn four just seemed like a meat grinder for bikers for a while.

hecklejack said...

thanks for cheerin man, it was a surreal experience for me, I cant believe I cracked the top ten, not to mention lapping the field.
Those first laps were ridiculous, after my second crash, I looked at the clock and it had only been 12 minutes, seemed like hours. One racer said it was like vietnam, that was an accurate description--provided the vietnam movies i have seen are what nam was really like.
Thanks for the support