Sunday, April 08, 2007

What does this thing sound like?

I wonder if I remember how to put this thing together?

Oh yeah...reeds...yeah.

I wonder what all these buttony things do?

Look, pigs must have flown today, I am actually practicing. Oh yeah, I actually enjoy this, I keep on forgetting.

Yes I did it, I finally dusted it off and put it together, I guess I have thinking about it quite a bit lately and finally decided that with my obscene amount of down time (when I am home) I might as well be productive...go figure. I forgot how much I actually enjoy playing, isn't that funny. I was relived to find that I didn't forget at all how to play. I even played for an hour before my lips completely gave out. In bike terms the way I played today would be the equivalent of taking an entire year off the bike and then clipping in and IMMEDIATELY doing zone 5 sprints for an entire hour. In bassoon terms I instantly played through Rite of Spring followed by Beethoven 4 solo followed by some Marriage of Figaro and now my mouth feels really weird. No long tones in this house!

8 comments:

timmy said...

that's awesome man....good to hear(read) you are getting back into it...keep it up!

Tim Jackson- Masi Guy said...

I was laughing so hard at the thought. As a former sax player, I totally recognize the feeling.

Dude, keep playing. It'll be good for your sanity. You need that "other side of the brain" stimulation.

Happy to know you are still at it... at least from time to time.

iruntheteam said...

Dork.

- Your boss.

Anonymous said...

you're fancy

Marco Aledia said...

thats really nice wood....

Rich said...

You'll have alot of long trips to practice puckering those lips. Ya know, tons of downtime in the hotels.

Joe Partridge said...

Hey, are you doing Cohutta? Inquiring minds want to know...

hecklejack said...

Joe
maybe...maybe not