Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Party Continues

Winston-Salem is the best place to live. It has been so warm here, in the 80's everyday. It has been wonderful. I hear it is cold in MI, that is really to bad.
My brother, Rich, and sister in law, Rachael came down to visit me this past weekend, it was great weather for them and we had a bunch of fun. Rich and I got some good warm weather riding followed by some really tasty beer. They brought down oscar (dog) who evidentaly is terrified of cows.
Rich and Me after the ride (with oscar)


Other than that I have just been quietly training my ass off in preparation for our first NRC (National Race Callender) Race next weekend in Jacksonville FL. It will be interesting to see how we do. I feel like the fitness is coming around, but those races are so dangerous and such a crap shoot that anything can happen. I LOVE IT. It is like you are either going to do well or leave on a stretcher...JUST KIDDING MOM. They are actually quite safe...nothing like racing at 30+MPH at night, in the rain, around painted turns, in a pack of 150 crazy cyclist.
I can't wait .
Enjoy the snow MI...I am on my way to buy more sunscreen.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! markie, it tickles to see that jersey on your back...good luck in florida. michigan, heck, its 22 in columbus tonight...

monkey-nine said...

Weird, in one post you namecheck both of my lives. Grew up in Michigan, live in the next town south of Jacksonville.

Have a great race next weekend, I'll be there to watch most of the day.

Super Bon Bon said...

You suck!

Danielle said...

I second what Bonnie said!

matt murray said...

Mark! Best of luck with your NRC races coming up. I hope you get some great results.

Anonymous said...

young and fearless....

Anonymous said...

wow, your own little Mini-me-...um mini- mark.

Anonymous said...

that is the coolest sleeveless jersey i have ever seen, reminds me of that picture with your arm in a sling