Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Presidents Day

I don't know whats wrong with me, maybe I have the residual munchies left over from college, but i am currently stuffing my face with Cheetos and getting fake cheese residue all over my keyboard.

So life is good for me, I get to go race my bicycle for 10 days in the Dominican Republic!!! I am so excited. There is a 8 day/9 stage UCI stage race there and 5 of us are going. I leave thursday morning and won't be back until March 3. I am so excited mainly for the experience in itself. It will be fun to check out a different country and do some bikin.
Either way it will be good to get out of this weather. This is what I woke up to the other morning 3 INCHES!!!! Needless to say EVERYTHING was shut down and by noon it was 60. It still looked nice in the morning. This is my backyard...




Because I am going to the Dominican, I needed some new hater blockers, so I scored these...can't wait to embarass my teamates by wearing these on the airplane.

My Cheetos are gone now, so it is time for dinner. Tonight I am going to have a peanut butter, fluff, with chocolate...and I am going to grill it on my George Foreman!!! Oh Yeah...

I don't think I will be able to post for a while, but I am brining my camera so I should have some good stories when I get back.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

the farm looks so puurrrrtttyyy! Hopefully when you get back it will be bon-fire weather again :-)

Anonymous said...

you always say you'll have great stories and great pictures, but I wait and wait and hardly ever get them. What's up with that?

c h r i s t y b l a k e l y said...

GOOD LUCK in the DR + ditto on bonfiring @ the farm ...
I love the new kit - so straightforward and basic like you would expect an electronics-sponsored kit to be.
If UH is still in town, have her contact me! We can cheer you on from CLT.

paceline said...

what a tough life.
nice view pot roast.
from san diego (whale's vagina)

Anonymous said...

Aunt Stalker here--here are my tried and true DR tips:
1. Wear your seatbelt. They drive like maniacs..ignore lights,people walking,pass on shoulders and my favorite...they will pass on the shoulder while going up a hill!
2. Only ride in taxi's with a license posted in the front window. The "other guys" are illigal but love Americano's.
3.Do NOT drink the water no matter what they tell you. Bottled (sealed) water only.
4. It is true...the spiders DO JUMP FAR so be quick when going after a spider.
5. Watch out for the potholes...they are several feet deep in the roads. Also watch out for motorcyles without lights. They don't have lights at night.
6. In the airport go to the window on the right before the luggage and get fill out your " "visitors card" (10.00) --otherwise you cannot go through customs.

Have a safe trip. Can't wait to compare stories....I have lots of those. Ride hard and fast!!! Aunt Stalker and Hunter

VictoriaGlyn said...

have fun riding through pico escondido in the DR...i love that little village

Fox said...

Sorry. Look please here

JC's said...

Thanks for supporting my home town Peanut Butter. I am now taste testing smuckers products so I hope they hire me full time, what a dream that would be. As for now I get $20 for 20 mins not bad for someone that loves food.
Have a great season Mark.