Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Can a three hour race be considered epic?

Andy doesn't think so, but I felt like can be after attempting to compete in Southern Cross on a singlespeed with a way too big of gear on. I feel like if you have to walk your bike up a mountain for more than 3 miles, it can be considered epic.
The race was awesome and a ton of fun. The 12 mile climb wasn't too bad for the first 9 miles, but the last 3 were so steep and muddy that I couldn't push my gear over any more. Luckily for me Will Black, who was also on a SS had a bigger gear than me so we were both walking/jogging with our bikes. If you want to see something funny watch a couple of guys attack each other while carrying or pushing their bikes in cycling shoes up a muddy mountain. It is a sight behold for sure.
All in all it was a super fun weekend and some really good training...
Here is the write up about. I love the picture of Rich drinking beer in his team kit. He is making his sponsors proud.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, if you ride it with seatpost but no seat.

BVDG said...

yeah some things change... some things stay the same, Rich smashing beers in his blue hoodie is a sight I am pretty used to seeing at this point

Anonymous said...

you should talk about your beard tonight

Rowbear said...

Garth Prosser = good time

Anonymous said...

THE SQUATCH is dead...
R.I.P Squatch

Anonymous said...

you need to man up and be a little more like ted king...he is currently posting a blog everyday! where the hell are you hekman!

Anonymous said...

this blog got me pregnant with 8 kids,,, once I birthed them, this blog made me drive to Nebraska and leave them all at a hospital.

Anonymous said...

this blog makes me fart

Anonymous said...

Yo bruh,

Wuzz up with this???

Your getting lazy with the Blog posts already and lets see... Its only February. I might as well give up on this come around august.

Anonymous said...

Douche bag

Anonymous said...

douche bag

Anonymous said...

dOuUcHe BaG

Anonymous said...

douchey bag

Anonymous said...

douchest bag

Anonymous said...

douchery baggery

Anonymous said...

douchest baggest of them all!

Anonymous said...

D bag

Anonymous said...

Double D bag

Anonymous said...

update your blog, douche-hole!

Anonymous said...

I want in on this
D bag squared
I feel better about myself now
That was an entertaining experience at a fairly low cost

Anonymous said...

Your a strait up douche