Thursday, March 01, 2007

Back in winston, back to GA

Wow this week has gone by fast. Training camp wrapped up on sun morning after a night of good old fashioned male bonding which included tearing up downtown macon--it is actually a lot bigger than one would think. The team is awesome and going to be awesome all year. The personalities are very diverse and there is a comfortable cohesion among everyone.
So after 4 extra days of training this week in cold weather (50s every day) i am off again tomorrow for a day of mountain biking and the first circuit race of the year on sunday. Looking forward to it, nothing like driving to GA and back two weekends in a row.
I did manage to go to work this week. Paceline is moving this weekend to our new location right around the corner, unfortunately I am going to have to miss the pleasure of trying to move an entire store in one day. The new store is absolutely fantastic and it will increase our visibility dramatically.
So thanks to Jim B (teammate) my repertoire for cuisine has increased dramatically. I didn't realize I had a rice cooker in my possession, so I actually have made some real good meals as of late. I am not saying that I couldn't make rice before, but it is much easier in a rice cooker. Just be sure to put the water in the bowl and not underneath on the heater.

3 comments:

Brandon said...

you could use that rice as a side to your microwavable from walmart.

Marco Aledia said...

Sorry Mark.. I fixed your name on my site.. just wanted to see if you were paying attention....

Mandy Lozano said...

i will drive down to winston and kick your ass myself if you make one more mention of 50 degrees being "cold". have you gone soft, hekman? sheesh