Monday, July 23, 2007

home

I don't have to sleep in a hotel for an entire MONTH. One month of sleeping in my own bed EVERY NIGHT. I am super excited. I even went grocery shopping to celebrate. I will still be racing, but all the stuff is within day trips, so life is good. I guess I should probably finally wash my sheets....
I rode my mountain bike for 3 hours today and I thought that my hands were going to fall off by the end. It was a beautiful day here, low 80s with not much humidity.
This is my third post is three days!!! As a result you can see that I have absolutely nothing to talk about, but here are 3 things that are very important to know
1. I have worn the same pair of shorts for the Enitre month of july so far. I have washed them though, so I guess that doesn't really count
2. I realized I was in the south today when I was in line at a gas station today and the person in front of me chatted up the cashier for about 5 minutes. LITERALLY and then took her sweet time writing a check. You ask who writes checks still at gas staions? It seems that everyone in the south does, especially when they are in front of me.
3. My penmanship is horrible. I guess I haven't really written anything with a pen and paper for a really long time, because I was writing something today and I was appalled at what I was seeing. Is it bad when you can't read your own writing?
Check out MA RECORDS blog for a cool write up and some good pics.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Are you doing the crit in Grand Rapids in September?

Enjoy your hometime.

Maureen said...

Hekman! what's up? we are still in BOYSIE & we are drinking & hanging out. well glad you got home ok & we like your blog! so go check out ours! talk to you later!
MO & GERI :)

Anonymous said...

EVERY NIGHT???

Anonymous said...

your penmanship is quite awful.
but your shorts are cool...
if your into dudes