Thursday, July 19, 2007

quick update

So Elite TT and NATS were fine. They were fine. I didn't dig deep enough in the TT and got 23rd and I made the final selection in the RR which I was very happy with for 14th. I was happy with that result considering that everyone lining up for that race looked very hungry--they looked like they wanted a cheeseburger or just any food for that matter. Lots of skinny dudes looking like the death squad. Anyway being full figured, I think it is harder to go uphill.
I am home for two days and tomorrow we are flying to boise ID for the Wells Fargo Twilight Criterium which is also the USA CRIT series #6. I am so looking forward to the rest of the season as I have NO MORE road races or TIME TRIALS to do anymore. YAY.
I didn't get any good pictures this weekend, things were too tame. Although I did hang out with Jack Ham of the 80 somthing Pittsburg steelers who evidently is a big deal in PA.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Jack Ham was a 70s Steeler. And one of the greatest outside linebackers of all time. Hall of Famer. Does that make you feel different about the experience? HA!

hecklejack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hecklejack said...

Ha!! I was wondering why everyone was making a big deal about him. He did buy me a beer and did have 4 mid 20s girls hanging all over him. It was funny