Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Stage 2 Zataclan to some city at the top of a huge mtn. 110k with only 13k in climbing.

Stage 2 Zataclan to some city at the top of a huge mtn. 110k with only
13k in climbing.
Todays stage was one of the more epic rides I have ever done in my
life. The climbing was out of control. I have never come close to
doing climbs that long or as steep. The descents were the scariest
experience too. I can't tell if it was the tiny mexicans getting speed
wobbles at 50 mph or the speed bumps in the apex of hairpin turns or
the wild horses charging at the pack or the landslides or the other
tiny mexicans not cornering right and launching over the edge or the
dude hitting a huge pot hole and snapping his carbon bars at Mach 4 or
the sections of pavement missing or the Moto crashing in the corner.
Either way it was a frightening day and ridiculously hard and I loved
it!!! It is so pretty riding here in the mountains. We climbed above
9000 ft twice today.
As far as the race goes, alex ripped it today big time. He got 3rd on
the day and is now leading the kom. Tecos went 1 2 and is now firmly
in the overall lead.
I faired well for my size and came in around 25th I got shelled
about halfway and just rode my own pace and caught some people near
the finish.
Rumor has it that tomorrow is flat...thank goodness.


Sent from my iPod

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job boys! Keep it up!
Yosvany

Anonymous said...

Excellent post-race review! -jeff

Turner Publishing said...

Sorry to leave this as a comment, I didn't see an email address.


I promise I’m not spam. I’m the Marketing Manger for Turner Publishing.

I’m going around to all local bloggers and freelancers to let them know about our new book, the Historic Photos of Winston-Salem by Wade Dudley. We’d love to send you a complimentary copy of one or both for possible review consideration on your blog. This title is done in a large 10x10 format and all images represent rare or never before seen photos of Winston-Salem. We’re trying to get the word out to local folks, so I hope you don’t mind me dropping you a line to let you know about our books!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Rachel Joiner
Marketing Manager
rjoiner@turnerpublishing.com
www.turnerpublishing.com