Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tour Ohio Stage 3

Todays stage was really f-ing hilly, no joke, it really was hilly, and it hurt badly. Luckily we have a good team and managed to get Tim Swain in the early break and he single handidly set up the results for us.
Lot of crazy stuff happened, but the short version is that the our team is racing full on like a team and the results are showing. Tim went up the road and took over the KOM jersey. I bridged up to him halfway in order to make the other teams chase. The other teams did. Tim Swain rode his ass off so I could wait for the last few climbs. A group of 10 came up to use before the second to last climb. Tim swain rode his butt off some more. Dewey Dickey attacked on the second to last climb. I was able to stay with him over that and to the finish with one other person, chris montileone. Dewey outsprinted me, and I took second but we both got the same time. The rest of the team finished only 30 seconds back.
Tim is now the kom leader and I am in yellow and green, and we have 3 guys within 30 seconds of 1st.
Tommorow is a criterium, thank goodness. Back to what we like, no more extended climbs or feed zones, or having to pee during a race, or worrying about eating enough. Just some good old fashioned bash my head into the pavement for an hour and then its over. Nate likes that too.
After the race, I was checking my myspace account with Nate. Here is how nate and I roll. We are both entertained easily. Nate has been watching me play on the internet since I got here...weird. He is very excited now that he gets to read these posts BEFORE THEY ARE EVEN POSTED!!!!!HOW AWESOME IS THAT???!?!?!

7 comments:

Todd said...

Is pizza and beer from Hounddog's still standard fare after Tour of Ohio stages?

Nice racing out there!

Ben said...

You are lucky that winning never gets boring. I´m totally stoked for you and Timmy. The only thing that could be better is if Kieran was able to suck your wheel to the line.

milo said...

now your jersey will match that bracelet you always wear

Jason said...

You have to look at the road races differently.
They're just point to point criteriums. And I think you better start liking them more because (pssst, come closer to the screen...)
YOU ARE GOOD AT THEM TOO!

Good racing, good write ups.

Anonymous said...

who is cooler? you or nato?

my money is on nate

PolishPostal said...

Hekman, clear something up for me. Are you or Dickey in yellow after stage 3? Cyclingnews.com says that Dickey holds the yellow.

Thanks.

hecklejack said...

DICKEY IS IN YELLOW, I WAS BLATANTLY LIED TO AND DECIEVED!!! HA!!! ITS ALL GOOD, JUST A MISUNDERSTANDING