Monday, March 20, 2006

Back in town

This library is crazy. Today I am sitting next to a person who couldn't breath louder through his mouth if he tried...never a dull moment in rural hall.

So the race went well. First and foremost, I would like to say sorry for plugging the cervelo--the thing rode like crap and the entire time trial I was dreaming about a masi tt bike--i sure would love to ride one...I wonder where you can get them. :)

Andy and Rich (my teamates) got 3 and 4th respectively and I got 6th in the time trial. It was a moderately rolling 7 mile course. We were all within 6 seconds of each other--right at or just under the 15 minute marker. That was cool.
The road race was good. Three 26 mile laps. I rode moderately aggresively at the front until I made it into a big breakaway and proceded to blow my legs up. One guy--chris harkey--got away and stayed away for the win. I tried to help Rich in the sprint--but didn't have much. He did awesome and won the field sprint for second place.
The criterium was cold and wet. We rode great and were always in the moves, but I crashed on the last lap and took out pretty much the entire field. I don't think I made to many friends by doing this--but I think everyone was ok. I was second wheel on the last lap and just was way too hot going into a corner. I slid out. Amazingly, none of my teamates crashed--just everyone else. Anyway Reid Peacock got 4th place.
Overall Rich Harper got 2nd which was a good result. He won the race last year and he is a monster on the bike--and off. Never a dull moment with Rich...good stuff.

It is cold and wet in the southeast. I rode my cross bike on the singletrack by my house for 15 minutes and then blew out a tire and had to walk home--good thing it is close.

My parents are coming to visit me this weekend. That will be fun. I think my dad and I are going to do the assault on the carolinas, it is a big ride out of asheville--should be fun.

5 comments:

Scott said...

Bring the folks to the Magic Mushroom for pizza! Yummy yum yum!

Tim Jackson- Masi Guy said...

Masi TT bikes... one for everybody but you. I mean, I can't have you crashing the things, now can I? (Please tell me your bike is ok... you too of course.)

Rich is a NUT. A fast nut, but a nut none the less.

marksroommate said...

mark mekman cycling

marksroommate said...

check out mark mekman cycling

hecklejack said...

who are you marks roomate--I think you are a poser--I can't tell whether you ride a baby blue bike or a disposable road frame....I think it might be a baby blue bike.
I like it either way and I WILL Get to the bottom of this.