Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Things are going great down at the farm. I had a great visit with the parental units over the weekend. We had a great time, we rode bikes and went out to eat--the perfect lifestyle. Anyway it was awesome to see them--my mom even cleaned my kitchen for me--I should have them down more often.

I managed to rack up about 25 hours on the bike last week--I am feeling good and I think this weekend should be fun, a bit hectic, but fun.

I got a new bike in mail today it is the same as what i had before but a size bigger--apparently I am taller than I think I am, so now I have a 58cm frame for sale.....(JUST KIDDING CHAD...AND TIM). My 58 is going to become my time trial machine.

The Rock Hill Omnium is this weekend. It is going to be a good ol southern throw down. There will be 5 big regional teams there, each with at least 10 people. So that will be 50 people which is half the field. It is going to be awesome...time to start the smack talking. Our whole team is making the trek down so it will be super cool to race with everone. Even if we don't win, it will still be fun to have people to spoof on and to banter with. The race itself is ok. There are street sprints on friday night, crit on saturday and a flat open road race on sunday.

The Books are playing tommorow night, so I might go see them with my friend. I have no idea who they are, but I picture them as an annoying indie-rock stereotypical white belt hair parted to the side way too cool for everyone type band. I love those bands. Now I might be wrong about them so I am sorry just in case they are reading this :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are in for a suprise thur.not what you're thinking....at all
check out their website.
thebooksmusic.com
it's only 5 bucks too...even better.
that means you have to pay for your own ticket.

hecklejack said...

wow, i just posted two seconds ago--you must have this as your backdrop.

Credit Card Cowboy said...

I just spent way too much time on that website. Waiting for the review.

Tim Jackson- Masi Guy said...

Too bad I can't be there to win the street sprints for you... but at least you have a cool new bike. Masi sure is cool...

Anonymous said...

whatevs

marksroommate said...

pretentious artsy crap is what it is

hecklejack said...

awesome, i'm really looking forward to it.